Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Clearwater, FL and It Was CLEAR!


The last several weeks and weeks to come have felt more of a blur to me. I write from a hotel room.
Being on the road is VERY difficult on me and us for many reasons.
Last night while at dinner...again alone I read, "But the secret to joy is to keep seeking God where we doubt He is", Ann Voskamp.

So I have been slightly MIA in the blog world. Mainly because I'm tired of the rush and just need to "be" when I finally get home.

Once in a while we get lucky and we both require travel to the same work location. A few weeks ago we were blessed with this in our schedules so we took the opportunity to go one night early and stay in Clearwater Beach, FL. It is just that...CLEAR WATER!!! I think this may be one of my new FAV Florida locations. I mean, there are a ton of FAV places here in our state, but this one is a must see!
We had this amazing view from our hotel room. Nothing is more relaxing and good for the soul than a good view of the beach. Actually, being on the beach and hearing the rhythm of the ocean is pretty amazing too! Haha!
Tim off to find the perfect lounge location...options were limitless!
View from our little cabana we rented.......HEAVENLY!!!
Tim found this AWESOME restaurant on Diners, Dives, and Drive In's for our date night. This was also rated high on Trip Advisor. Now I forget the name of the place!?!?   Oh well. Anyway, we're HUGE fans of using Trip Advisor or Yelp when traveling...always the best way to find great restaurants, hotels and things to do wherever you may be.
After dinner we took in the sunset...just SO NICE to sit and talk with my handsome date! I love just "being" with the hubs. He's so much fun and makes life so full. We had fun dreaming about our future and talking of things to come.

I love this pic of him...pure joy.
The next morning we decided to get up for a beach run. GLORIOUS!!! Oh it was so beautiful!

Tim is pretty fast so I thought I'd get a pic of my marathoner.


You can't completely tell, but I noticed these homes on our run. They were the colors of our wedding (sky blue, yellow and green). Then I thought to switch my iPod playlist to our wedding music. I had a blast rediscovering our music from nearly 3 years ago.

As I was listening to the song I walked down the aisle to, "I Knew I Loved You" by Celene Dion (brings to tears to my eyes every time), I noticed Tim headed for me in the distance. JUST LIKE OUR WEDDING DAY!!! I was feeling emotional!

He had no idea what I was listening to.

Erika, why are you looking at me so funny??? LOL!!!

When our run was over and we walked back to the hotel, just before getting back on the sidewalk, I stumbled on this.....A LUCKY HORSESHOE! That pretty much summed up my run, the houses in our wedding colors, our playlist, and most importantly my God-gifted life with my hubs.

In the midst of all this travel, it's the little discoveries of a one night get-a-way, a horse shoe, a sunset, a cute text from Tim, or a sentence in a book that seems to get me through the difficult times/schedules we seem to be keeping the last couple months and months to come.

I have to admit, even though tough schedules, life with Tim makes me ONE HAPPY FISH!!!
I will always find the sunshine in the storm.

On a sidenote, HOW COOL IS THIS WALL ART THAT WAS IN OUR HOTEL!?!?!?! Forget about it!

xoxo
fler

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am so happy that you were able to get away together at the SAME TIME! Looked like a beautiful trip with beautiful memories! XOXO