Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011: A Day of Remembrance

10 years later after September 11, 2001 we are a nation changed. We are a world changed. 

I remember all the details of that morning. I was in North Carolina visiting my family from California. I was preparing to fly back to Cali. I was seconds from home when I heard the news that the first tower had been hit. I rushed home. Mom and I sat on their bed and watched in horror as the remaining morning unfolded. We sobbed. A nation so brave then and now. So much loss in our amazing country that morning. 

I sit here today comfortable. Sipping coffee and able to read my morning devotion because of bravery and honor our country cultivates. 

I will NEVER forget 9/11. It has been burned in my memory.  I pray our nation remains safe today and the days surrounding 9/11/11.

What I will also never forget is that GOD has the final word. Not a terrorist. Not satan. 

I will NEVER forget.

No comments: