Monday, September 19, 2011

Whatcha Readin???

YEP....it's that time again!

Whatcha Readin???

Fall is creeping in VERY slowly down here in Florida. I sneak in a pumpkin spice latte in hopes I'll trick myself into believing it's cool outside during daytime hours. Thankfully the sub-zero temps in our office make the lattes a welcomed treat!

Anywho...without further ado...
here's my list!
Stumbling Into Grace
Oops...not kindle version but you get the point...haha!
This was a great book! We saw Lisa Harper speak this year at Women of Faith. She is HILARIOUS! This book is about being a little clumsy in life and letting God pick up those pieces. I found this book to be a nice refreshing way to end the day in devotion. I COMPLETELY identify with being clumsy in life. She will leave you thinking about stories from the Bible slightly different. I love new perspectives. I passed this book on to my sister-in-law...hope she likes it as much as I did.

Jesus Calling
I am still reading Sarah Young's book. I find myself in the morning feeling out of balance without reading the day's devotion and Bible verses. God most definitely worked through Sarah on this book. More often than not, each day's devotion has been EXACTLY what my heart has needed to hear. If you haven't picked this book up, I encourage you to snag one up! L-O-V-E!

Doing Life Differently
by Luci Swindoll
I have to admit. I wasn't sure if I would totally get into this book. Oh, I could NOT have been more WRONG! Luci's life and adventures really speak to me. She talks about going out of our comfort zones and realizing God is doing some of His best work in us. She talks about how each point in life we're in is the PERFECT point of life to be in. She talks about cherishing each place we find ourselves in and seek God in that space. There is always something to learn in our circumstances. I'm only half way through but loving every minute! She has some of the most amazing stories....she's been ALL OVER the globe! INSPIRED!

And my FINAL SELECTION.....
I've decided to join the Bloom Book Club

Angie Smith (wife of Selah lead singer) and an AMAZING blogger. I first learned of her through my dear bestie, Kera. Kera has been following her for ages and I have loosely followed her. We had the privilege of hearing Angie speak at WOF this year and she IS HILARIOUS!!! She is also VERY real! I picked up her book ANNNNNDDD it just so happens it's the next book for the Bloom Book Club.
What Women Fear
I have never done a book club, much less an online one. I'm really excited to connect with other ladies as we pass through the pages. Looking forward to learning more of what God wants me to learn and sharing the experience with other "Women of Faith".

sooooooo....WHATCHA READIN???
Any good recommendations?

xoxo
one less

No comments: