Thursday, March 3, 2011

Joy in Deer Valley, Utah!!!

We woke to snow falling from the sky. It's just so beautiful here.

While sipping coffee and praying for Tim's presentation today the phone began to ring. It's only 7:30 am here so I wondered who was calling? Our social worker, Debra Hewitt. We have been waiting on my Illinois child abuse clearance for the last near 5 weeks....LONG TIME!!!

My clearance finally came through!!! Our Home Study is being finalized and notarized today!!! We left our USCIS application with Debra in case this happened while we were away. Debra is going to overnight our application today!!!

Oh, what a gift while away! This week has been emotional for me. We have been asked many times this week when we're going to start a family. I can't tell you how many babies and preggo's are here this year. We've also been told what great parents we will be. I find it hard to always answer with grace, "Well thank you, we look forward to a family, but right now we just have a dog and two cats who keep us pretty busy." The people here are amazing and so kind. They only want the best for us, but sometimes it's tough because we simply want a family too.

Today, I feel like shouting from a mountaintop....God has it in control!!!

Today is a blessing.

One Step Closer

XOXO
Two VERY excited and hopeful parents

No comments: