Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dichotomy


Meet my Grandpa 

Meet my Grandma

I just posted about the excitement of our Home Study...our step closer to bringing a young and new life home.

Today....I walked hand in hand with my Grandma through a Hospice facility. A beautiful facility. A place for Grandpa's final few days. He will be transferred if not tomorrow, the next day. Grandpa is 96 and has lived a long and wonderful life.

Interesting to be rushing one moment to bring our new life home and rushing the next to make sure I see Grandpa before this life passes. 

"No Guilt in Life,
No fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me; 
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell,
No scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Til He returns
Or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand."

(Found on a friend's FB wall after losing her sister last evening)



I pray for peace for my Grandpa and Grandma as they enter this season. I pray God give Grandma the strength to carry on. I thank God for HOPE.

2 comments:

kera said...

oh sister....praying. i'm soooo very sorry. such a sad time even though he's lived a long life and your grandparents have had a long marriage together it doesn't take away from the sadness. i love you and am thinking about you.

Ashley said...

So sad to hear! :( Please know that you and your family are in my prayers! Such a hard, sad time...does not matter if it is young or old. Love you! XOXO