Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Much Thankfulness

This year I find myself especially thankful. I feel for the things we so often take for granted. Such as calling mom for just the right measurement of flour my cookies may need. Or calling dad for direction on a project. Do I tell Tim how much I love him enough? Do I remind Michael Derek he's the best brother a sister could ever want? I worry I do not. Why? Who knows when our time is cut short? I have seen people around me lose husbands, brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers recently. I don't know what those shoes must feel like to wear and my heart goes out to their reality. This holiday season I want to make certain I remind those whom I love just how special they are and just how much I love them. For them being in my life fills me with much thankfulness. 

No comments: